Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Quick Update

Greetings All,

Just wanted to let you all know that we are safe and well. Clearly our trek was pretty intense as it has taken me two days to drag myself across the floor to the computer to let you all know. I hope to be posting a more in-depth entry on our adventure soon. I will be covering the 2nd day dinner fiasco through our safe return. For the first part of the journey you will need to read Cyndi and Doug's blogs (I will provide links when I hear that they have actually completed their entries . . . we're all a little worn out).

At any rate, I will supply you with a quick overview of our upcoming week in case I am unable to get back to you.

Monday: Go to bus station, finagle some tickets from the bus company that we already bought them from online. Hopefully try and take make a trip up the gondola here in Bariloche to do the hike and see the vista they call the 17 Kilometer. It's supposed to be one of the best views around. If it's not clear enough for that, we will take a ferry to one of the islands out here that has a cinnamon forest. All the trees are very red in color and it was the forest that inspired the forest in the famous Disney classic Bambi.

Tuesday: Hang out until our night bus for Comodoro Ridavia (or something like that). Bus to Comodoro

Wednesday: Arrive in Comodoro at 8 am. Wait for our bus to Rio Gallegos which leaves at 12:30. Get in to Rio Gallegos at 11:59pm

Thursday: 12:15 am set up guard station in bus station, take shifts keeping watch, sleep when you can. 8:30 am catch third and final bus to Ushuaia (the southern most Argentinian city on the tip of Tierra del Fuego). Arrive at 8:00 pm. Find a hostel.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep you posted but travel days usually mean no interwebs. Again, I'll try and post on the trek soon and include links to Cyndi and Doug's blogs. In the meantime, enjoy some of the new photos I've posted on Shutterfly.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment