Sunday, January 3, 2010

Moving on Down

Greetings all,

I apologize for not writing so frequently but things have been pretty busy around here preparing for our jump off to Patagonia. We leave this afternoon (20 hour bus ride, yeck). In the last few days I have been getting used to life here at my hostel: the public bathrooms, the hot sweaty nights, and the all night parties that the Brazilians staying in the hostel have literally right outside our door until 7 in the morning. Now I must say goodbye to all of it, at least for now as we begin treking southward.

We leave tonight at 8:00 pm and will be taking a bus from Buenos Aires to Puerto Madryn. We will spend tomorrow night in Puerto Madryn and then head into Peninsula Valdez, a park famous for oodles of penguins and orcas that eat sea lions right off the beach. We should be in the park tuesday and wednesday. Thursday we will be busing to Viedma where we will stay until we take the train on friday evening heading to Bariloche in western Argentina (beginning of the Lakes District). I´m letting you all know in case I have no internet for the next week and am unable to blog.

I will try and post some pictures from my recent visit to the Recoleta Cemetery. It was incredibly beautiful and incredibly creepy.

Cheers for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment